Labels

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mama cloth

            So i just ordered my DivaCup and a few mama cloth items. I do not like using pads so i felt kinda like there was no crunchy option for my aunt flo but then i discovered the DIVACUP. It was like a revelation to me that being crunchy has moved into the 21st century. I ordered my Divacup and some panty liners and a few pads from The crazy elephant. I ordered off of their etsy shop but they also have a facebook  and a blog Their products are adorable and they look super soft and are very reasonably priced. I loved their shop and will definitely be shopping there again. I will be posting reviews for these products as soon as i get them and am able to use them.
           So for anyone who does not know a DivaCup is a soft silicone cup that you insert into the bottom of your vaginal canal that catches menstrual flow, you empty it twice a day and you can use it for as long as you want. It is recommended to replace it every year but if you take care of it, it should last way longer than that. I have read many reviews of women still using the same cup after 5years. The only complaint i have seen is that they do get a little stained [obviously] but if you mix 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 2 parts water and soak your cup overnight, it will not only remove stains but will also disinfect your cup

            I ordered a pack of 3 regular panty liners to use with my DivaCup. In the reviews I have read everyone has said there is a bit of a learning curve with quite a bit of leakage in the process. These are called the Little peanut panty liners and they come in a set of three. This set is Neapolitan dot but I ordered a bumble bee pattern.
            I ordered four minimal coverage liners because I hate wearing real underwear. . . TMI maybe but whatever haha. I ordered a few different patterns. These do not come in a set but they are only 1.99 for one so it is not a big deal to order a couple of them at once. These are called tear drop thong liners.
I only ordered two actual mama pads because other than giving birth to my daughter I could count on one hand how many times I have used a pad but just in case I ordered one medium short peanut pad and a heavy short peanut pad. They look exactly the same but the heavy pad has a layer of zorb [a super absorbent fabric] in the center of it.

So since my daughter is still in her cloth diapers I plan on having a bucket in my bathroom with a lid that will have 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 2 parts water inside of it for soaking my mama cloth and then I will just be washing my mama cloth along with the diaper laundry. As soon as everything arrives I will post pictures and as soon as I get to use everything i will post my reviews. 

I will be linking with the pistachio project.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment